PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you love to build services and tools that support large scale enterprise applications serving millions of happy customers? Are you interested in being part of a diverse team? Do you want to delight customers with your creation and innovation? The possibilities are limitless!
The Service Admin Tools team builds customer-centric, scalable, highly performant, and secure tools and services for our internal customers to manage, operate and protect PlayStation Network. We play a key role in building and supporting tools that enable our internal teams to resolve customer issues so they can play and enjoy more, safeguard PlayStation Network managing user access, and customize experiences that our customers love.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Leader or Manager who will own several services and tools and look to delight our customers and teams with the best user experience and support. You should have a strong technical ability, demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire your team to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment. You have previously led or built strong teams of hardworking engineers and you enjoy working with exceptional people. You will be responsible for your applications and be able to make tough product decisions that balance contending priorities.Responsibilities:
- Leading, coaching, mentoring and encouraging a dedicated team of software engineers to design, build, deploy and support best-in-class tools that enable our teams to provide the best gaming experience for our customers.
- Lead concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- Build and develop a high energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver awesome business results.
- Collaborate across business units, internal customers, and product teams to develop and execute against the team's vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Use technical expertise and industry trends to influence software development standard methodologies.
- Handle day-to-day activities of the engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Consistent track record of leading high performing engineering teams
- Breadth and depth of experience building and running complex software systems and highly scalable/available software
- 7+ years of experience in Software development
- 2+ years in a technical leadership or engineering manager role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confirmed ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- BS or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with distributed systems / micro service architecture.
- Experience in deploying, operating, and running services in AWS or other cloud environments.
- Experience with Linux experience (RHEL or CentOS preferred)
- Strong object-oriented design and code review skills (Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.