Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Guest Experience team within Growth Engineering has the mission of helping millions of guest users find relevant content and start a rich journey towards becoming a Redditor!
Search experience optimisation is one of the strongest opportunities for bringing in new users and the guest experience is critical in helping them continue to explore and engage with Reddit. Reddit’s users have created posts, discussions, and communities covering a diversity of topics. The huge volume of content creates an opportunity to grow our user base by connecting new users with engaging content.
If you're the kind of person who is motivated by rapid development, new product initiatives, user experiences, and content creation we’re interested in speaking with you.
If growing Reddit’s already growing user base excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
What You’ll Do:
- Build, hire, and lead a world-class team of software engineers
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development
- Lead, coordinate, and execute a coherent technical vision that supports and enables Reddit’s user growth.
- Set and support a culture of data-informed decision making, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering managers to plan product and business strategy, and to build novel products and features that our half-billion users will love.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, QA, experimentation, analysis, launch, and monitoring
Who You Might Be:
- Desire to get better, to help others get better, and to have a large positive impact on a large number of people
- 5+ years experience developing software (frontend or backend preferred)
- Experience managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems hosted in cloud environments
- SEO experience is a bonus
- Pension Savings plan
- Medical Stipend
- Short term sickness benefits
- WIA excess and WGA gap insurance
- Family Planning Support
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Monthly Global Wellness Day
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].