The QA function, working as part of Chainlink Engineering, ensures the highest-quality software that powers the most adopted decentralised oracle network globally. As a quality and engineering focused team, you’ll be leading the efforts to install best practices for automated testing across the entire org, leading a team of engineers to power the most efficient and flexible tooling to install confidence not only in the products but the engineers.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the team’s productivity, happiness, and growth. You will be setting and overseeing the team’s goals and working cross-team to align and drive all objectives. While this role does have the responsibilities of people management with high-level direction and planning, technical leadership will be a primary focus as the adoption of common tooling across the team and the wider organization is a necessity.
We all have different backgrounds and are determined to help you succeed no matter where you are or who you are. If you think you would do a great job at Chainlink, we are looking forward to speaking with you, even if you don't match 100% of the job requirements: those describe people we've usually had a great time working with in this role, but they're not a tick-box exercise.
- Be a leader. You will help set the team objectives and make sure that the team is clear on what the objectives are—and, more importantly, why
- Be a mentor. You will work with engineers on their growth and development, making sure that everyone receives timely feedback and has a clear growth plan
- Be a force multiplier. You will continuously remove blockers and obstacles, both internal and cross-team, so that everyone can do their best work
- 2+ years of experience leading or managing SDET teams and 5+ years of engineering experience overall. The ideal candidate for this role should be able to lead and mentor senior engineers
- Experience with modern testing frameworks. Ideally, you have been working as a SDET automation engineer previously and have experience with all areas of technical testing. (Unit, Integration, E2E, Performance, Chaos, Security)
- Experience managing remote teams. Our team is fully remote and highly distributed geographically, and so are our stakeholders. You should be very familiar with both the advantages and the challenges that remote can bring
- Strong passion for blockchain, DeFi, and the overall future of Web3. It will be hard to be successful at this role if you don't understand what we are doing and why.
- Startup experience, being within a team that’s seen rapid growth
- Have worked closely with DevOps teams to drive testing infrastructure
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Information on Chainlink Labs
Chainlink Labs operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Chainlink Labs was founded in 2014. It has 367 total employees. To see all 41 open jobs at Chainlink Labs, click here.
Read Full Job Description