Dropbox's product safety team is responsible for ensuring the products we deliver to our customers are secure by design and free from abuse. Over half a billion users and 300,000 teams trust us to keep their private data safe. To be worthy of this trust, we have a well-staffed team of talented individuals. This opportunity is a good choice if you want to lead a strong and growing team with interesting, high-impact, and varied work.
The goal of the Abuse team is to proactively prevent and dissuade external actors from using Dropbox to harm customers by continually learning and closing down abuse vectors, such as Account Takeover, Fake Account Creation, and the distribution of harmful content through Dropbox.
- This team is an exciting opportunity to combine the fast iteration in an open problem space of a startup with the scale and resources that Dropbox can provide.
- The team has a lot of autonomy to set its direction, so there will be a lot of opportunities to take ownership and grow.
- The team is highly visible to Security’s and the company’s leadership. We have delivered the most impact across the org.
- We are in a heavily building phase. Most of our capabilities are immature, so there is plenty of room for making an impact.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years total software engineering experience, 2+ years within a security related domain preferred
- Demonstrated track record of driving improvements to a company’s security posture
- Willingness to dive in to problems and document, drive alignment, drive plans and assist with execution
- Strong on analytical capabilities to optimize solutions in a space with a lot of complex moving pieces, variables and constraints
- Ability to mentor team members on having the highest possible impact