Greenlight is an Atlanta-based fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 4 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores, automating allowance, and investing.
Last year, Greenlight was valued at $2.3B, backed by leading venture capitalists and institutional investors. Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially smart kids, apply to join our team today.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team. This role will manage a team of backend engineers and serve as a scrum master for a team within the direct-to-consumer area of our business. We need someone who cares deeply about their team, coaches for high performance in a fast-paced environment, and works effectively with their counterpart in Product to keep the team focused on delivering incremental value.
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Node.js, Kotlin, Java, Go
- Frontend: React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, gRPC, graphQL
- MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher
What you will be doing:
- Managing a team of up to 5 backend engineers who work primarily in nodejs
- Working with Product to define requirements, sequence work, and manage a backlog
- Serve as scrum master of one development team
- Make sure that our teams follow a sounds development process
What you should bring:
- Bachelor or masters degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading a development team
- Ability to coach for high performance
- Software development background
- Knowledge and experience with some of core technologies including NodeJS, Kotlin, Java, Ga, React, Swift, Redux, REST, gRPC, graphQL, AWS and other
- Empathy for users and background talking to users
- Written and oral communication skills for reporting on progress of work and impediments
- Track record of driving development projects into production rapidly
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
More Information on Greenlight Financial Technology
Greenlight Financial Technology operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in Atlanta, GA. Greenlight Financial Technology was founded in 2014. It has 275 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Company Equity and Employee Stock Purchase Plan. To see all 15 open jobs at Greenlight Financial Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description