Engineering Manager, Platform at GlossGenius (Remote)
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the role
We are building out our Engineering leadership team at GlossGenius and are looking to bring on a talented Engineering Manager to oversee Platform Engineering. In this role, you will hire and lead a team of Software Engineers and SRE’s responsible for designing and developing a scalable infrastructure across the entire GlossGenius ecosystem. This is a hands-on role with a small team, where you will have the opportunity to provide technical leadership with regards to internal software products, developer experience, cloud infrastructure and Site Reliability at GlossGenius
What You'll Do
- Lead, grow and inspire the Platform engineering team, while building strong ownership and accountability within the team and management layer as the business and product complexity grows at rapid pace
- Build long term technical and team strategies that align with GlossGenius’ strategic plan and influence the overall company direction. You will own the long term technical vision and roadmap.
- Drive the infrastructural-level migration to service-oriented architecture
- Work with other Engineering Managers and Senior Engineering Leaders to define what operational excellence looks like GG, including defining the On Call process across all engineering teams
- Oversee application and infrastructure architecture to ensure operational and development security best practices are embedded in the foundation of the way GlossGenius delivers its products and services
- Forge strong partnerships with leaders across the company and use your influence to ensure mainstream adoption for current and future state products
- Grow the team by working with recruiting to identify and hire excellent engineering and leadership talent
- Drive engineering excellence by evangelizing best platform and backend engineering practices across the org
What We’re Looking For
- You have 5+ years of experience in engineering, along with 2+ years of people management experience
- A strong background in infrastructure, DevOps or SRE, with a preference toward high-growth startups
- Experience building and scaling a company's DevOps or infrastructure engineering team and organization, processes and technology from scratch. We strongly prefer people who are "builders" and "scalers" with experience building successful engineering organizations at quickly growing startups
- Experience leading teams; the ability to manage processes and the flow of work in a complex environment; the ability to regularly improve processes
- You are a great communicator with the passion and energy to share the vision of GlossGenius' data organization to the rest of the business
- Ability to build strong trusting relationships with engineers, product and leaders
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.