At Asana, we build collaboration and communication software to help all teams work together effortlessly and do great things. The Mobile team works to provide a seamless cross-platform experience for our users who are on the go. We work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that is a joy to work in by combining tried-and-true mobile best practices with a focus on usability and design.
As the manager of Mobile Frameworks Team, you will be managing a distributed mobile team at Asana. We are looking for a manager who’s detail and people oriented that is inspired to bring great design, scalable systems, components & frameworks that deliver faster velocity to our teams and next level user experience to our mobile users. This is a new team and an exciting opportunity to manage a distributed team at Asana.
You’ll be working on problems like:
- Rethinking mobile app navigation patterns to better expose the power of the workgraph on small screens.
- Creating design frameworks that make it faster and easier for mobile teams to build accessible features for our users with higher quality.
- Evaluating our API infrastructure to make sure it’s delivering the right value for our customers, taking advantage of latest technologies, is performant and long term maintainable.
- Account switching, so users can easily move between accounts.
You’ll be partnering with all the mobile teams to deliver on this vision along with Product Management, Design and User Researchers.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of iOS and Android engineers.
- Help the mobile organization establish new practices and standards as we move from platform teams to functional teams.
- Build a sense of community and connection with your team.
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand engineering team when there are new openings, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- Support and coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Ensure a great, reliable experience for Asana mobile app users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and iteration
- Be an advocate for mobile across the Asana engineering organization
- Work with the team to raise the bar for both product and engineering excellence
- Willing and able to dive into the code yourself. Looking for client side experience in iOS or Android is preferred.
- While onboarding you’ll be expected to contribute to the codebase
- 5+ years of engineering experience with 3+ years managing a technical team
- Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and daily, small product enhancements
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and doing it
- Thoughtful, especially with regard to the long-term consequences of your decisions
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.