Engineering Manager, Marketing at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Coach your direct reports to have a positive impact on the organization and chart a fulfilling career path.
- Collaborate with Marketers, Architects, and Product Managers to turn Marketing strategies into tangible roadmaps every quarter.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Architects to break down complex projects into smaller pieces and iterate on their design and implementation.
- Work with EAA leadership to appropriately size, estimate, and scope out broad based Marketing initiatives in order to level set expectations with the greater Coinbase team.
- Be a thoughtful technical voice and support your team in making diligent architectural decisions.
- Work with our talent organization to source and hire amazing engineers who will expand the Coinbase culture and product.
- Contribute to owning and delivering processes that drive engineering quality and meet our engineering SLAs.
- Continuously discover, learn, and buildout applications related to the content management systems, Marketing automation systems, LifeCycle Marketing systems, and Performance Marketing systems
- Create dependable user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable
- Build, test and ship new user-facing Identity experiences in modern tools like React, ES6, Flow, Styled Components, Jest and Webpack
- Operate in a Plan-Build-Run model where you own Build and Run for packaged and custom apps and platforms
- Prioritize and maintain engineering work and cross-BU interdependencies
- Convey engineering vision through bold, scalable architecture and proactively plan future capabilities, working closely with key SAAS platform vendors
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies in Engineering tools, process, and workflows as well as brainstorming new methods of efficiency to support our key business partners
- Define and analyze metrics that mature the Engineering function
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Sciences desired
- Experience building Java EE Applications using technologies like JMS, Spring, JDBC, JCR, NoSQL, OSGi/Felix
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers and product managers
- Experience with identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks
- Experience with Automation of testing and CI/CD for above platforms
- Experience leading uncertainty and changing requirements in a high-growth, startup environment
- Background working with Agile sprints, backlogs in Jira
- Experience Infrastructure tools such as Cloudflare, AWS, Docker, PagerDuty
- Background in non-functional requirements like scalability, automation testing, and security
- Experience with vendor management is a plus
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.