As the engineering manager of Atlassian's GTM [Go-To-Market] Platform Engineering team, you will lead the team that provides the corporate tooling and services to enable the team to successfully deliver leading-edge solutions to enable Atlassian to scale. The GTM team crafts solutions that make Atlassian's offerings available to an even bigger market segment by launching new and enhanced business capabilities. We collaborate with multiple partners across Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Data Engineering to build and improve the digital experience for our customers. You will drive development in close collaboration with the product and design partners and will be accountable for technical strategy as well as alignment with other technology and platform teams.
We are looking for an innovative and skillful engineering manager to join our GTM Engineering team. This kick-ass team needs an experienced leader who will help us build for the future. You'll contribute to the team/portfolio direction and towards building a long-lasting and balanced engineering team.
You are expected to be a hands-on leader, working in a small startup of 10-15 people with the expectation to grow to two or three times its current size. You will be scaling the team, technology, processes, and applications from launch. This is a new team and the leader will spearhead the creation of a highly motivated team bound by a strong ownership culture working with other Go To Market teams on a variety of initiatives aimed to supercharge our GTM playbook.
In this role, you will get to...
- Build a high-performance engineering team through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development plans
- Provide deep technical mentorship in a number of aspects of marketing engineering in a scalable ecosystem
- Work with close counterparts in other departments as part of a multi-functional team, and build this culture in your team
- Be a torch-bearer and a role model for performance and efficiency - which we value a lot
- Work with and mentor developers via tech design reviews, code reviews, etc, collaborate efficiently on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian
This role is for you if you have...
- 9-13 years of hands-on product development experience
- Experience with object-oriented technologies(Java/Kotlin) with a proven understanding of design principles and patterns
- 2-4 years of proven ability leading a high-performing development team and managing their performances & growth management
- Experience developing team performance and preparing growth plans
- Experience in designing solutions with integration mechanisms
- Experience developing microservices and working with containerization tools like Docker etc
- Strong desire and ability to drive technical and operational excellence, pushing innovation with security, reliability, and quality
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience on agile methodologies
Would be great, but not required...
- A passion for building highly available and large scale distributed systems
- Understand of cloud infrastructures like AWS, GCP etc
- Continuous delivery and deployment
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .