As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don't just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
The engineering manager oversees the holistic functions of a development team with the primary goals of ensuring the team is delivering quality software, working effectively, and there is access to resources needed to succeed. Key success metrics include speed to market, escaped defects, quality and team health.
What your day could consist of:
- Maintain a productive and predictable working environment for development team
- Work effectively with Product Managers to ensure team focus on the most high valued and priority product initiatives
- Work closely with team members to ensure best practices and strategic goals are incorporated into development work
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify and anticipate changing requirements and opportunities to improve the development environment
- Define and iterate team process, collaboration, and focus on overall team velocity with different stakeholders, including product, design, etc
- Effectively lead and manage team members to include guidance and coaching on career paths for growth, proactive performance management via JIT feedback, 1:1s/quarterly reviews, participation in the selection process for new hires, technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group, including continuous learning and improvement
- Represent the technology perspective to leadership and aid in the communication between engineers, product managers, designers, leadership, and other stakeholders to include coordinating development projects with other teams and managers, communicating the timeline, scope, risks, and defining the technical roadmap and priorities with stakeholders
- Stay informed of industry and technical trends, changes and developments to ensure team is always striving for best in class work
What is needed:
- A minimum of three years of experience managing or leading an engineering team
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong proven leadership abilities and decision-making
- Experience in a high-growth/scaling technical environment
- Experience in a SaaS development environment
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here , but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees' ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.