Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase has an exciting Engineering Manager opportunity to join the Integrations team and lead a new ENG team in India to help us scale the Enterprise Apps & Architecture (EAA) organization globally. As an experienced people leader In this role, you will manage an Agile engineering team of 6+ engineers and a technical product manager, predominantly focused on leading the tactical execution of our backlog with quarterly deliverables, maintaining and growing our ENG team, and up-leveling our engineering maturity. The ideal candidate will have significant previous experience in Mulesoft, APIs, SOA, microservices, and AWS delivering high quality engineering solutions with hands-on mulesoft development, data integrations, and API development. You will ensure our integration platform is scalable and secure to meet our hypergrowth demands. You have a passion for building agile teams that effectively plan/execute work and collaborate with broader cross-functional teams to successfully deliver mission-critical projects. You will build partnerships with other engineering leaders, team members, and vendors in India and the U.S. to scale our global engineering capabilities across Enterprise Apps & Architecture (EAA).
You will report to the Director of Integrations, and be part of the larger Coinbase Enterprise Applications & Architecture team.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage team of engineers developing integrations in Mulesoft, Airflow ETL for all enterprise applications, including the following:
- Sales/CX (Salesforce, Contentful, LivePerson)
- Finance (NetSuite, Anaplan, Coupa, custom Cash Recon tool, etc.)
- HR (Workday), integrations with Greenhouse, benefits providers, etc.
- Legal (SpringCM, Seal)
- IT Ops (OKTA, Docusign, Slack)
- Operate in a Plan-Build-Run model where you own Build and Run for several enterprise integrations
- Prioritize and complete engineering work and addressing cross-team interdependencies
- Convey engineering vision through bold, scalable architecture and proactively plan future capabilities, working closely with key SAAS platform vendors (ex: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday, Coupa, etc.)
- Manage a growing team of 6-8 engineers, technical product managers, and solutions architects to deliver high quality results, incl. code reviews
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies in Engineering tools, process, and workflows as wellas brainstorming new methods of efficiency to scale our team 10x
- Articulate build or buy recommendations for key capabilities required to deliver various aspects of the product solution
- Ensure integration architecture across the ecosystem is secure, compliant, efficient and scalable
- Lead and own the relationship with software vendor(s) and service providers supporting integration initiatives
- Assess the needs of product/engineering releases with respect to business objectives, security, data dependency, compliance, and timeliness of releases
- Ensure Agile delivery by leveraging deep understanding of product management best practices- especially in the context of information management
- Define, publish and communicate integration technology standards, frameworks, principles and roadmap, in partnership with Enterprise Architects and Solutions Architects
- Articulate competitive advantage vs infrastructure and scalability capabilities
- Define and analyze metrics that mature the Engineering function
- Ensure engineers spend 10-20% of their backlogs on Non-functional requirements,
- Automation of CI/CD pipelines, automation of testing, and Technical Debt Management
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements)
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Sciences desired
- 10+ years experience in Engineering
- 3+ years hands-on experience with Mulesoft
- 2+ years in tech lead role
- 3+ years in People Leadership role in a fast-paced environment (product/tech company)
- Experience with Snowflake or equivalent applications
- People Management experience in a fast-paced environment (product/tech company)
- Experience managing uncertainty and changing requirements in a high-growth, startup
- Background working with Agile sprints, backlogs in Jira or Coda
- Experience with Docker, Jenkins, DataDog, PagerDuty
- Background in non-functional requirements like scalability, automation testing, and Security
Nice to haves
- Experience with vendor management is a plus
- Experience with Infra management including AWS
- Airflow ETL experience ideal, but not mandatory
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.