“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their shared interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats; stay for the empathy.
The mission of the Foundational Platform team is to develop and maintain a set of core backend systems that many product development teams can leverage. These systems provide clear interfaces, low latencies, and high uptime so that product engineers can focus on the product.
Some of our present and future challenges include:
- Building systems around authentication and identity to meet the needs of Reddit’s engineering organization.
- Designing an architecture that is performant, stable, secure, and low cost.
As the team’s engineering manager, you will be responsible for both the team and the IAM product. We expect you to staff and grow your team. Lead your team to produce a coherent IAM vision and roadmap. Implement this roadmap making sure it is available and easy to use both by consumers and engineers. Lead all of Reddit to adopt the new technology,
- Hire, coach, and mentor a high-caliber team of software engineers.
- Be responsible for setting and maintaining availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency SLOs.
- Lead, coordinate and execute your coherent vision for IAM that supports and enables Reddit's product and safety capabilities.
- Work together with a variety of teams and departments across Reddit.
- Set and support a culture of metrics-driven quality, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
- 3+ years experience in managing a team of software engineers.
- 5+ years of experience developing Identity and Access Management software. Internet-scale is preferred, but large enterprise scale is also acceptable.
- A strong track record of managing a team, including hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].