Engineering Manager - GTM Growth at Abnormal Security (Remote)
We are looking for a key member of the engineering leadership team for the newest cybersecurity unicorn company to lead the GTM Growth team. The GTM Growth team is a part of the Email Security Products organization, has team members in the USA/Canada and Singapore, and is responsible for enabling product adoption growth in new and existing markets.
In this role, you will lead and help build out the GTM Growth team in the USA/Canada from 1 to 4 people and beyond, including ICs and tech leads, to train and promote the next generation of Abnormal engineering leaders (senior engineers, tech leads, etc.), to deliver company-wide OKRs, and to play a critical role in determining engineering org strategy and roadmap.
Who you are:
- Excellent engineering leader who has worked with a strong team, mentored ICs, and continuously identify ways to make your team stronger.
- Excellent recruiter with a demonstrated track record of hiring world-class ICs who thrive in a hyper-growth startup environment
- Excellent project manager with experience in delivering impactful and complex projects
- Strong technical background and experience partnering with tech leads, EMs, SE’s, and PMs to deliver high quality product features rapidly
What you’ll do:
- Inform, implement, and improve repeatable processes to hire A+ engineers into the team
- Inspect, guide, and manage the performance of team members
- Mentor and grow engineers to achieve their personal and professional goals
- Work with tech leads and other managers across eng org to plan, execute, and deliver on the GTM Growth roadmap to meet company-wide objectives.
- Work with tech leads to create technical roadmaps, plans, and OKRs.
- Inform, implement, and improve repeatable processes to deliver projects, OKRs, and tech roadmaps
- Drive and communicate all written and oral decisions on various aspects to stakeholders, including engineering and non-engineering teams.
- Coordinate across time zones with team members and partners in Singapore
Experience you’ll need:
- Experience as tech lead for a product engineering team
- Plus, if there is experience taking an idea to a finished product
- Plus, if there is experience with GTM Growth
- Experience with managing and mentoring engineers and working across multiple teams
- Experience in sourcing and hiring A+ talent
- Plus, if there is experience building a team from scratch
- Enterprise SaaS/ Cybersecurity background a plus
- Experience working across multiple time zones is a plus
More About Abnormal Security:
Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at-scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks. Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t -- advanced attacks that have never been seen before -- and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support.
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco,CA, New York, NY and Lehi, UT.
Our company is growing - we’re on the Forbes AI 50, selected as a Gartner 2020 Cool Vendor, and our customer base includes multiple Fortune 500 companies.
Abnormal Security is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status