Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The International group at Reddit helps us achieve our mission of bringing community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world by enabling Reddit’s global growth. The Content Growth team improves the content ecosystem in new markets. We look for ways to connect would-be contributors more deeply with communities, ensure that our product supports the discussions that will grow communities outside the US, and help posts turn into successful discussions. We also leverage machine translation and develop our news ecosystem to make more content available to consumers.
If leading a team to unlock our next hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
What You’ll Do:
- Build, hire, and lead a world-class team of software engineers
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development
- Lead, coordinate, and execute a coherent technical vision that supports and enables Reddit’s international growth.
- Set and support a culture of data-informed decision making, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering managers to plan product and business strategy, and to build novel products and features that our half-billion users will love.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, QA, experimentation, analysis, launch, and monitoring
Who You Might Be:
- Desire to get better, to help others get better, and to have a large positive impact on a large number of people
- Experience managing an engineering team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- 5+ years experience developing software
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems hosted in cloud environments or with Android app development
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].