Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professions and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for most indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team:
Angi has grown due to fast product development that uses product testing and validation and the acquisition of other companies. This growth strategy has left us with a suite of very successful products, technical debt, and redundant workflows. The newly formed “Foundation Team” is tasked with creating a unified engineering approach, solving problems that are common across multiple products, and introducing more straightforward solutions to power the next generation of Angi architecture
What you’ll do:
- Build and lead a team to unify the front-end frameworks, components, and tooling across all of Angi front-end development
- Be comfortable being hands-on and contributing to code when needed
- Establish metrics and practices that champion engineering and operational excellence and review them regularly
- Establish, practice, and continuously improve an effective and transparent development process
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on collaboration, empowerment, and accountability with the engineering and management teams.
- Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day-to-day software development.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Significant experience with React, Typescript, and related front-end technologies
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services.
- 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that respects its engineers and customers.
- You have experience leading an effort for implementing a design system
- You have experience with Next
- You have experience with continuous integration
- You’ve shipped complex projects with teams of engineers
- You have significant experience with Java, Oracle, Kafka, AWS Cloud, Redis, microservice architecture, and event-driven architecture
- You’ve worked at a rapidly iterating business
- You’ve built or operated a two-sided marketplace
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $130,000-$220,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- The ability to work fully remote within the United States or Canada
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)