Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role
We are looking for a talented, motivated Engineering Manager to join our engineering team and help us continue to scale quickly! In this role, you would own and manage the Experiments Configuration Platform team within the Experiments & Metrics group and the Data Org.
This team is responsible for powering our A/B testing platform runtime as well as the dynamic configuration system used by most services at Robinhood. The team includes both full-stack and backend engineers.Your day-to-day will involve:
- Being a steward of great experimental design and critical thinking when interpreting analysis results
- Setting the mid and long-term vision for the team
- Coaching and mentoring Robinhood's talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Delivering high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Applying technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Working with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood's processes and systems for product development
- Help set and fulfill the team's hiring plan, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- 2+ years of experience as a full-time software engineering manager, 5+ years proven experience in technical roles
- Shown ability to coach junior engineers and interns
- Sharp technical skills and a deep interest in coding and technical details, with a special emphasis in data tools and products
- Ability to drive full-stack as well as infrastructure projects
- Effective communication skills with other engineering and non-engineering groups
- Ability to make decisions at a fast pace on an environment with a high degree of uncertainty
- Previous experience managing a team of front-end, full-stack, and backend software engineers
- Experience building Experimentation frameworks
- Previous use of technologies such as Python, Django, Redis, and Postgres
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).