Engineering Manager, Exchange Development at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Lead our Exchange engineers to “Change the Exchange”. The Exchange Development team’s focus is on building and maintaining the software of the core trading applications and systems in the Exchange platform. This is a chance to lead an engineering team to improve our trading systems and create new products for the Exchange to drive market share and revenue.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Build and manage an engineering team responsible for core trading applications
- Design, architect, build and test new applications and order types
- Create and build new trading systems, frameworks and APIs
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Provide support to Exchange operations and engineering teams
- Mentor team members and develop a strategy to improve the Exchange platform
- Work with our talent organization to source and hire amazing engineers who will expand the Coinbase culture and product.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- A minimum of 8 years experience in software engineering
- At least 2 years of engineering management experience
- You know what high quality code — and software engineering processes — look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them.
- Execution focused with an ability to navigate ambiguity.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.