We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Enterprise Connect is the team externalizing all of Instacart’s innovations for our retailer partners’ consumption through a common API and integration layer. Our system powers many of our partners’ eCommerce experiences in conjunction with Instacart’s intelligent fulfillment network. We ensure that our interfaces are fully flexible and can be integrated into any eCommerce fulfillment scenarios, be it full service shopping, last mile delivery, or pick-up.
About the Role
Within Enterprise Connect, you will manage the Connect API team as they work to architect and build a portfolio of high performance external APIs to quickly provide innovation to our retailer partners. This team ensures that we have the best in class API definitions to integrate Instacart features to any eCommerce fulfillment experience.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a full-stack engineering team that owns Instacart’s external API layer and manage the development of features and infrastructure, and help drive its future vision and strategy.
- You will work closely with cross functional stakeholders and help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will collaborate closely with Instacart’s technical delivery team and our retailer partners in understanding their unique eCommerce needs and scenarios and participate in driving solutions.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- Ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.