Engineering Manager, Enterprise Cloud Foundations at Instacart (Remote)
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will manage a team of Software Engineers and SREs that help other Engineering teams improve the reliability, security, resilience, and performance of the services they own. SRE’s use their expertise in how Instacart Enterprise Infrastructure works to ensure other teams are getting maximum leverage from it. SRE’s also own several of the processes (and related tooling) that contribute to reliability, including how we deploy releases, run incidents (and how we learn from them), how we make infrastructure changes safely, and how we ensure adequate capacity for future needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Enterprise Cloud Foundations team owns the management, security and reliability of the Enterprise cloud platform. The Enterprise Cloud Foundations is a new team at Instacart - this is an opportunity to define, build, evangelize, and optimize our SRE practices!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build and lead a diverse team of world-class SRE’s and Software Engineers
- Define standard practices and build tooling around incidents, postmortems, changes, and capacity and work with other Engineering teams to help them adopt these practices to improve their services
- Partner with other teams around Engineering to understand their systems and their challenges and identify how they can better leverage Instacart Infrastructure
- Prioritize, build, communicate, and drive the roadmap for your team
- Provide technical and architectural leadership for your team and others
- Grow and develop the people on your team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of Engineers and 5+ years of experience as an Engineer in Infrastructure or the SRE space
- Experience leading an Infrastructure or SRE team in a production operations context
- Passionate about solving infrastructure problems with software
- Strong ability to recruit, hire, and build a team
- A big-picture perspective on systems and tools
- Strong collaboration skills including experiences partnering with other Engineering teams to understand their systems along with helping them to improve them
- Strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, and reliability practices
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.