Managers within Technology at Nordstrom help create an inspiring workplace where talented people are empowered to drive amazing customer experiences and business results. Through broad industry and practice knowledge and hands-on technical management experience, the Manager guides a team of professionals to execute strategy and tactics that deliver desired results.
The Store Selling Services team exists with the mission to power the selling experience of our salespeople within Nordstrom stores. This team supports a portfolio of apps that span across a distributed system and network of devices within our 300+ Nordstrom stores. Nordstrom continuously strives to improve customer experience!
This is an amazing opportunity and a great time to join Nordstrom!
We are CUSTOMER OBSESSED and launching a revolutionary POS system that will WOW our customers and enhance their Nordstrom Experience! Greenfield development with an impressive Engineering team!
A day in the life...
- Responsible for architecture and solution level design at the team level
- Contribute to coding, test plans, project plans, deployment planning and operations to drive excellence and lead team towards its goals
- Hire capable and motivated talent/teams that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver solutions aligned with business needs
- Employ continuous improvement methodologies across own team (e.g., quantifies impacts customer first, waste elimination, increased productivity, iterates quickly, shorten feedback loop, experience creating relevant KPIs)
- Lead and influence the team in software design and development, ensure the team applies the software development best practices, makes smart decisions and tradeoffs, and delivers the projects on time with high quality.
- Influence quality standards and understand, identify and measure across an entire solution
- Understand architecture and systems at the organization level. Drive communications across teams, align timeline and dependencies, drive comprehensive solutions spanning multiple teams.
- Understand the business and product vision, collaborate with stakeholders, and set the team's technology and process strategies to align with the vision with guidance from more senior leaders.
- Assist in enhancing department vision and strategies to support company goals and receive guidance from more senior leaders
- Empower and support developers, coach them to build their careers, foster team collaboration.
- Create training opportunities for team to learn the latest technologies and methodologies
- Cultivate technical leaders and grow the team.
You own this if you have...
- 5+ years as an Sr Engineer, Tech Lead or Architect preferably working with a React.js/Java/AWS/Kubernetes stack
- 2+ years of experience leading/mentoring Development teams (4+ members)
- Ability to review and evaluate full-stack web application code
- Prior experience in working with an Agile Tool enabled team (CI/CD/Automated Tests/etc.)
- Strong understand of Design Architecture
- BS in Computer Science or closely related degree or equivalent practical experience
- Prior experience in Point-of-Sale/payments industries preferred, but not required
How we work
With others. We have remote pairing tools where engineers often work together, as well as virtual collaboration tools for building out architecture solutions.
With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We don't encourage silos.
With agility. We don't believe in following a process for process's sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company!
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
Salary Range for Colorado and Nevada $131K - $203K + Generous Bonus and Benefits Package