Engineering Manager - Cameras (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
About the Team
We are a very strong team focused on building cloud-managed security camera systems, which is Verkada’s flagship product line. We're looking for a strong engineering manager to come join lead a growing team.
We are #10 on the LinkedIn Top Startups 2020 list and #4 on the Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2020. In January 2020, the company raised $80 million Series C at a $1.6 billion post-money valuation and is backed by top-tier investors like Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
- Be directly responsible for building and managing the user-facing applications in our camera product. It will include both frontend and backend engineers in your team
- Be able to roll up your sleeves and actively write code or prototype new features
- Inspire your team to create highly polished and delightful user experiences
- Work closely with Product and Design to build and ship features and delight users and customers
- Be accountable for driving project execution
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define, communicate, and execute on goals, priorities and process
- 2+ years experience managing, leading, and inspiring a team of engineers; including hiring, retaining, and managing performance.
- 5+ years of work experience in a software engineering roles
- Experience with both backend and frontend
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment
- Eye for design, product details, and polish
- Working knowledge of at least one server-side framework and one database system
- Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description