Engineering Manager, Business Systems at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:35 p.m. (CST) on Monday, March 7, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
As a member of our Systems Engineering team, you will lead, architect, and own the systems and processes that impact the Verkada sales, order, finance, and support teams. As our organization is still young, your decisions will have a massive impact, and you will have the chance to work with the latest technology stack. Our goal is to bring you in to build out a team underneath you.
- Your job is to write software that makes the company work well at scale. Make our systems work efficiently and reliably.
- Architect, implement, and maintain key integration points between business systems
- Decide when to build from scratch and when to use existing tools.
- Work closely with the key business leaders to help our systems scaleProvide production support for various integrations and manage various environments
- Example projects might include synchronizing our financial, sales, and fulfillment system databases, or writing software to automate manual processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field, from a top program preferred.
- 5+ years professional experience, with at least 3 years of software development or engineering experience.
- Systems and software development experience: you need to be able to write production code efficiently. You are a hacker.
- You like making people work better. If you’re the kind of person that gets satisfaction about building a tool that makes everyone’s life at work just a little better every day, you will love this job.
- Design sensibility - we pride ourselves on building an intuitive product. We want our employees’ experience with their internal tools to be the same.
- Process and operational thinking - you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that’s easy to understand for all audiences (especially non-technical ones!).
- Project management and attention to detail: you’ll need to be able to scope out a project based on requirements outlined by an end user and figure out what it takes to translate an idea into reality.
- Prior tech company or startup experience a plus.
- Able to role up your sleeves and jump into coding
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description