Engineering Manager - Application Protection, Intrusion Detection and OT at Zscaler (South Bay)
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company's cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler's purpose-built security platform puts a company's defenses and controls where the connections occur-the internet-so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
Emerging Technology product group. Engineering Manager is a role encompassing multiple aspects of program delivery, technical leadership, and people management. This position includes responsibilities for providing overall leadership to the team, setting a direction for the team, ensuring all commitments are met. This person will lead a Networking and systems team consisting of individual contributors from the software engineering discipline. You will be working with a team of engineers and architects and will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing, and supporting a highly scalable SaaS-based cloud service product called ZPA (Zscaler Private Access).
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building large scale enterprise products, and is a creative thinker, problem solver, teacher, learner, and a fantastic manager of people, and is motivated with engineering excellence.
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience including relevant experience developing networking and systems software products and solutions with experience in TCP/IP, UDP, and networking protocols.
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining a large code base with C programming language.
- Experience with Linux environment, virtualization, docker containers
- Experience with working cross-functionally like DevOps, QA, Product Management, and Support.
- Ability to lead and influence team members to forge consensus on technical discussions including architectural and design guidelines, code reviews, release process, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both orally and written
- Very strong software engineering - design, development and testing, experience.
- Good understanding of design / architectural patterns and automation platforms.
- Proven experience on Requirement/Design/Code Review & Inspections practices
- Good on Estimation Practices: Effort and Schedule
- Experience in Development processes like creating technical and architectural documents and QA processes like designing test plans, functional testing, end to end scenario automation, performance, and security testing.
- Experience in cloud technology and cloud based deployment model
- Hands-on experience in code review, quality tools like static analysis and build environment
- Passionate about building a best in class product with a focus on RAS - Reliability, Availability, and Scalability.
- Passionate about building a world-class team that excels at developing innovative product
- Prior experience working on performance optimization in high volume datapath transaction.
- Customer-focused and highly driven to solve real problems for customers
- Driving quality process and trustworthy computing initiatives throughout the product lifecycle to eliminate architecture, design, and coding defects at the source
- Ensuring performance, security, scale, reliability, operational and cost optimization criteria are met
- Communicating technical solutions to all levels within-group and cross-discipline. status reporting and presenting solutions is an integral part of the job
- Ensure highly available services with zero downtime. Be responsible for developing and running services in partnership with the operations teams.
- Participate in architecture reviews related to performance and scalability of products
- Produce high-quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find it easy to work with in the future
- Ensure that you maximize the productivity of your team, especially by predicting and resolving obstacles and dependencies before they're needed
- Put in place and enforce best-in-class processes for ensuring high quality and high uptime for the product developed by the team
- Manage day to day direction of the development team
- Setting up an engineering strategy for the team both from technical and business front
- Ensuring that all programs are delivered with agreed-upon business value, on time, and highest quality
- Managing a rapidly growing software engineering team of strong individual contributors
- Contributing to talent hiring, people skill development, setting objectives and goals
- Responsible for ensuring overall quality by taking part in code reviews, root cause analysis for issue resolution
- Responsible for weekly status reporting and cross functional engagements, and project updates
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of optimizing code to run on small form factor hardware will be a big plus
- Knowledge of Operational Technology environment like medical devices, SCADA systems will be a big plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.