Engineering Manager - APIs & Delivery at People Data Labs (Remote)
At People Data Labs (PDL) we know that every company is rapidly transforming to solve problems in a more data-driven and people-driven manner. In order to succeed, companies are forming data departments, pivoting their focus into data acquisition, and doubling down on legal, security, and compliance to protect themselves. For these organizations, clean, rich, and compliant person data is critical and PDL is here to meet that demand.
Today, the PDL platform seeks to enable all companies to build compliant people data solutions. Our sole focus is on building the best data available by integrating thousands of compliantly-sourced datasets into a single, developer-friendly source of truth. Over 2 billion profiles are used by leading companies to enrich recruiting platforms, power AI models, create custom audiences, and more.
People Data Labs is hiring an Engineering Manager for our API and Delivery applications team. You’ll be responsible for managing a team of backend and full stack software engineers, and working with our Platform Engineering, Data Engineering, Product Management and Customer Success teams to build the tools and services that power the delivery of our data through our APIs, SDKs, and data license deliveries, as well as provide the tools and key insights around customer engagement and utilization of our APIs and data sets.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 4-8 Fullstack and Backend software engineers, driving projects and initiatives through the team.
- Hire, coach and develop engineers on the team.
- Ensure and develop solid code quality and development practices and standards within the team
- Drive the development of the technical and product roadmap to best meet customers where they are in terms of how we can integrate our data into their solutions
- Responsible for developing product quality standards and release processes
- Can be hands-on coding when needed within the team, provide technical feedback on code reviews
- Partner with our data engineering team to establish clear processes and technical expectations on publishing and managing the lifecycle of data releases
- Partner with customer success team to provide existing customers the tools they need to manage their accounts as well as provide internal insights into revenue and engagement
- Partner with the core product and engineering teams on go-to-market work to unlock and launch new products and packages that we are continuously developing.
- Drive alignment and provide solid communication to stakeholders and the business around priorities, deliveries, and improvements.
- Be a key contributor as part of the engineering leadership team in driving engineering initiatives, cultural growth, or architectural changes across the product and engineering teams
Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of managing a team of 5 or more software engineers
- Experience with Python REST API backends (e.g. Django, fastAPI, Django Rest Framework, Flask or similar)
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Postgres, Dynamo (or similar)
- Experience with A/B testing frameworks (e.g. LaunchDarkly or similar)
- Experience architecting and managing versioned APIs
- Experience working with product partners to develop roadmaps and drive execution and delivery of products and project; managing stakeholders, prioritization, and timelines
- Experience working with engineering team members on architecture and design, and translation of Product Requirements Docs (PRDs) into technical design documents
- Experience translating technical design documents into projects, milestones, and backlogs.
- Experience mentoring and developing engineers
- Experience hiring and recruiting
- Experience managing individual and team performance
- Experience running agile sprints, kanban / backlog grooming (or similar)
- Experience managing QA resources (in-house or external)
- 5+ years experience as a software developer, software engineer or similar
Great people make great teams. We believe in building highly functional, energetic, and engaging teams to serve our customers. People, Customers, Shareholders, in that order, sets us up for success and delivering on our promises.
- Competitive Salaries
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health, fitness, and office stipends
- The permanent ability to work wherever and however you want