DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and consumer intelligence companies get to know their consumers. We’ve built the first identity-based platform that combines consumer attitudes and behaviors together to power the most accurate and predictive insights solutions for our customers, and we do all of that with the willing participation of our consumers and without using outdated technologies like third-party cookies. We help our customers get a cross-platform view into consumer sentiment, measure advertising effectiveness, analyze consumer purchase journeys, and ultimately grow their brands.
Our mission is to build the most trusted insights platform that fuels brand growth. With over one million active members sharing their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO is looking to expand, improve and create world-class applications for people to openly share their data for research.
Check out the DISQO Developer Blog for the latest from our DISQOTECH team.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting & highly motivated team and upgrade your skills while creating real impact. We use a modern tech stack and cloud infrastructure. We are not only looking for work experience, but rather the willingness to step up to challenges and the ability to learn quickly.
We believe the best software is written and managed by small teams that know how to make the impossible possible. We use agile software development techniques and modern tools to focus our efforts on solving our business goals. We use OKR’s to track everything we do. We deliver early and often. We obsess over our code, architecture, and infrastructure. And we believe that these practices lead to higher quality products.
As a member of the Engineering management team at DISQO, you will be responsible for leading, mentoring and growing Software Engineers, and building a highly-effective Software Engineering team within an Agile environment. Your primary goal will be to drive your team to turn a concept into reality and ensure consistent delivery of high-quality, scalable and innovative software.
What you will do:
- Own the technical design and architecture of our Ad Measurement platform.
- Participate in and own the engineering OKRs, roadmaps, and quarterly roadmap reviews. In addition, you should be able to champion and partner with our platform engineering team to set and maintain effective SLOs for your team.
- Use a "Product Management" mindset to engage with internal and external stakeholders to align on engineering vision, strategy, and priorities to build a world-class Ad Measurement platform.
- Role model Servant Leadership, making leadership excellence a continuous priority for your own personal development and that of your team.
- Manage an Agile process that consistently delivers a quality product to customers.
- Rally your team to make and keep commitments to customers, the business, and themselves.
- Partner up with your team’s Product Manager in planning and preparing your team’s backlog.
- Mentor, coach, and assist team members in being productive and efficient contributors.
- Handle end to end performance management cycle for their team
- Meet with your team to ensure their path for success is clear, and we’re instilling and exhibiting the right behaviors to ensure consistent, high-quality delivery.
- Create proposals for the creation and modification of our processes and technology roadmaps in your designated area.
- Work with our Technical Program Managers to navigate inter-team dependencies, identify critical paths and plan release trains.
- Lead interviews to find the next great engineer or leader.
- Embrace, model, and champion all of DISQO’s values - adding to the growth of our culture
What You Bring to the Table:
- 10+ years in software engineering experience with 3+ years of recent hands-on experience managing agile, cross-functional software engineering teams in Ad-Tech or Mar-Tech.
- 5+ years of experience with Java, experience with Spring Boot 2 Reactive is a major plus
- 5+ years of experience with building, maintaining, and scaling microservices and RESTful APIs
- 5+ years of extensive experience working with AWS
- A solid understanding of modern cloud-based big data and analytics tooling & methods (Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, Data Lakes, Data Pipelines, ETL/ELT, …)
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, design patterns, craftsmanship, metrics, quality and testing procedures, process creation, and enablement.
- Established track record of being the go-to person for your teams, spearheading or injecting yourself in necessary discussions to ensure you’re always in the loop and your teams always have what they need to be successful.
- Experience optimizing software delivery through the use of metrics to ensure your team is always running efficiently and constantly striving to improve.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate details about the technical practices in software engineering in a way that makes sense and resonates with our customers and other departments in the business. Experience working with remote team members.
- Ability to adjust and adapt to changing situations in stride communicating effectively to achieve buy-in and minimizing the downstream effect on performance and morale.
- System design experience in rapidly scaling Ad-Tech platforms
Nice to haves:
- Demonstrate above-average communication skills to the point where we feel that not only can you talk to engineers, but to the CEO, our customers and everyone in between
- Convince us that you have successfully led measurable and, preferably, dramatic improvements in the engineering practices and execution of software teams and that you have the passion and drive to do it again
- Show that you are a person who not only solves problems but anticipates them, and moves quickly to provide solutions without needing to be asked
- Share stories about your leadership and how you got your teams to not only believe they could achieve more than they thought possible, but they actually did it.
- Experience of owning the release management cycle.
#dice #LI-Remote #LI-SG1
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Generous PTO policy
·Flexible workplace policy
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to Employees
·Access to personal and professional growth tools - Calm App & LinkedIn Learning
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
Read Full Job Description