Who We Are
Verkada is the leader in integrated cloud-managed enterprise building security. Verkada combines our cloud-managed software platform with hardware powered by edge-based processing to provide customers with a real-time view into every part of their organization. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s video security cameras, access control and environmental sensors natively integrate with our platform and are virtually effortless to install, maintain, and manage across hundreds of sites. Verkada protects more than 6,000 organizations, including more than 30+ of the Fortune 500.
We are actively looking for Search Engineering Leads (EL) to help grow the team and product. As an EL on Search, you will be the architect, designer and coder of the project. You'll work closely with the product management, software and hardware engineers to make the team's vision a reality. You'll have the opportunity to lead cross-team efforts, mentor your team members and establish engineering best practices across Verkada.
- Work with a small team of engineers and drive the key technical roadmap
- Potentially support a small to medium sized engineering team on career development;
- Align with product and org objectives, and coordinate with cross-functional teams on delivering key results;
- Define long term technical roadmap for the team;
- Contribute to technical decisions on projects among the product.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or similar technical field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Deep technical understanding of backend systems, search engines, large-scale distributed systems, front end systems
- Product minded engineering leader who can work with product team to deliver awesome products and drive roadmap towards delivering key products
- Experience technically leading a team and driving technical directions
- Experience managing projects spanning across multiple teams
- Experience in Python and/or C++
- Strong written and verbal communications
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager is a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description