Launched in 2018, kea is changing the way restaurants operate. We've built a SaaS voice product that takes calls on the behalf of the restaurant, helping customers place their orders without having to speak to someone in the store. This allows the restaurant to stop context-switching and focus on what they do best: making great food. We've raised $18m to date and we're building an amazing team to drive the world's restaurant commerce. We've experienced over 500% year-over-year revenue growth, and plan to continue that trend by providing even more value for our customers through our technology. There are tens of thousands of restaurants out there that need kea, and we're building for them.
About the Role
We expect to grow the team by 30% in 2022 (main hiring focus will span Engineering and Operations with minor additions to Sales, Finance and Marketing) and we're looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to join our team who can help us scale to the next level.
Automated tests are the backbone of reliable software and CI/CD. This role will drive the effort to ensure quality and reliability for new and existing tests.
Our Commitment as a team
We are one unit moving at high velocity. We play to win the long game. We are compassionate and care for others. We are open and transparent. As you review the below keep Our Commitment in mind. Your uniqueness is valued and differences of opinion, background, and ability are welcomed. If you think you satisfy even just a few of the below points, please apply!
What your day-to-day looks like
- Writing automated tests to accompany new features
- Closing the coverage gap on existing services
- Pairing with other developers
- Reviewing code with scrutiny, while providing feedback in a constructive way
Ideally, our next Software Engineer in Test will…
- Have 2+ years of experience in a test-oriented engineering role with a passion for reliability
- Pursue quality over quantity, keeping maintainability in mind with every change
- Understand the importance of knowledge sharing
- Be a team player, not a dictator
- Be familiar with false positives and negatives and how to avoid them
What we offer:
- Generous stock option plan
- 100% employer-paid medical and mental health care benefits. Vision and dental also available.
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work
- Ownership, responsibility, and empowerment in what you do
- Incredible teammates and a caring workplace culture