The Server Side Engineer will be responsible for development, operations and support of the core commerce platform as well as microservices that enable seamless and relevant digital commerce experiences across all customer touchpoints (web, mobile, iOS and Android). In this role, you will work closely with business and technology stakeholders, internal technology teams and external technology partners that support the digital commerce platform, it’s development and operations. Additional responsibilities include technical leadership, mentoring other team members, and leading projects.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for implementation of technical projects that affect all Abercrombie & Fitch consumer digital experiences
- Build and maintain features within A&F's WebSphere/HCL Commerce Suite environment
- Implement rapid changes to meet changing business and marketing requirements
- Ensure that implementations meet required scalability and reliability standards for A&F digital operations
- Analyze and diagnose any issues which may impact performance or availability in the eCommerce environment
- Develop functional and technical documentation on assigned projects
- Work in a team environment, supporting the team goals and improving engineering practices
- Work closely with organizational stakeholders, technology partners and other members of the Digital Product Engineering team to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Write high quality code that meets the performance, scalability & security standards
- Troubleshoot issues with business partners and support teams
- Follow agile-scrum software development methodology by participating in the daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming and sprint retrospective meetings
- Continuously improve IT platforms based on retail technology trends to support business strategies
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 6+ years of experience in a related field with at least 4 years of ecommerce experience
- Experience in technically leading eCommerce implementation on the WebSphere/HCL Commerce Suite is a plus
- Experience with web architecture and IT security best practices (SOX, PCI)
- Experience in design and development of microservices based backends.
- Experience in modern server side technologies like REST, JPA, Kafka, Swagger etc.
- Experience with writing unit tests and API tests
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, unit test, system test, deployment and production support
- Critical thinker with the ability to develop completely new problem-solving approaches and formulate innovative solutions
- Proven interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent technical, analytical, and customer service skills
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fact paced environment
- Ability to rapidly learn new software and maintain competency with technologies
- Ability to work flexible hours
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Notice (Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act): For employees based in Colorado, this position has a minimum starting base rate of $95,000 per year. Factors that may be used to determine your actual rate may include your specific skills, your years of experience, your work location, comparison to other employees in similar or related roles, or market demands. The starting rate may be modified in the future.