Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Relocation is available for this opportunity!
Develops and implements new technologies to the aluminum beverage container manufacturing process to achieve step change improvements in cost, efficiency, flexibility and sustainability. Works closely with global and regional teams to drive the global process innovation pipeline. Responsible for bringing ideas from concept to reality and working closely with engineering and operations on commercial implementation. Coordinates communication efforts around new process innovations to develop globally consistent implementation plans.
What will you be responsible for?
- Drives the front end of process innovation, ensuring that the global process development pipeline reflects industry trends and future needs.
- Builds relationships with business leaders and subject matter experts to translate plant processing challenges into new project opportunities.
- Applies new internal and external technologies to manufacturing processes to increase flexibility, reduce spoilage, and improve efficiency and long-term environmental sustainability targets.
- Ensures appropriate follow up on process innovation projects with engineering / operations teams during development cycle, to drive clearly defined innovation priorities for global technology implementation.
- Creates project hand-off packages for operations and engineering to ensure successful implementation of new technology – often requires collaborating on quality test methods, SOP’s, EHS documentation, etc.
- Uses data models, analytics, and statistics to assess and predict process improvements.
- Applies project management tools to enable and document cross functional collaboration w/ areas such as operations and engineering.
- Develops business cases for new processes including evaluation of capital equipment, support equipment, installation, and material usage.
- Collaborates with suppliers to generate new process designs and validate process performance in plant manufacturing lines.
What are we looking for?
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field, such as mathematics, chemistry, physics, or computer science.
- Job related experience for 3-5 years minimum.
- Highly innovative and ambitious self-starter.
- Creative thinker and able to contribute ideas to brainstorming sessions.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team across borders and cultures.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and be flexible in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Clear and effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of statistical principles.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with outstanding follow through skills.
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: metallurgy, materials, process equipment, industrial data analytics, controls and automation, edge technologies, Industry 4.0, IoT, robotics, computer science, machine learning, data networking.
- Training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience.
- Experience with project management tools.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans