Engineer, New Beverage at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Manage Innovation projects which require aptitude in beverage packaging, product qualification, High-speed production and principles of project management. Work closely with Innovation colleagues, key subject matter expert suppliers and various cross-functional global contributors to aggregate data, present results and make recommendations. When needed, research and develop new technologies and solutions to address identified gaps.
What are we looking for?
- Drive ‘New Beverage’ category adoption in Aluminum packaging by identifying detailed limitations and generating solutions
- Lead efforts to dissect product problems with Method development, validation and DoE principles
- Work with cross functional Ball team to validate results and align with stakeholders
- Project Management –
- Self-actualized path-finding
- Innovation ‘fuzzy’ front-end focusing; Charter creation and test-planning
- Organization of timelines, resources & costs
- Owner and occasional developer of document tools to drive aforementioned organization
- Cost-impact estimate and analyses
- Generate and present data summaries and reports on project status, analytical findings and formal recommendations.
- Advocate for quality solutions via: Defining the CTQ of these product opportunities, Dissecting problems and risks associated with new beverage/product opportunities in Aluminum packages and solving for any potential gaps.
- Build, grow and manage supplier networks and external resources to solve problems and reach goals
- Apply analysis to results and transition those into Product and/or Process solutions for the business
- Use financial modeling tools to combine and compare solution scenarios and feed decisions within the business
- Advocate for specific product categories by researching and advising on the associated regulatory and market requirements as needed for the business
- Contribute to larger Innovation group initiatives – Ideation, applied expertise, etc.
Region and Global Specific Responsible Areas:
This role within Global Innovation will lead, the sensory–based evaluations and manage product projects to improve consumer experiences.
Supplementing; ongoing global projects and peer Engineers by contributing sensory and critical to beverage product quality advocacy and expertise, this role will define CTQ criteria for new beverage categories and generate products and solutions to capitalize on these opportunities.
Where needed this role will also speak to food safety and regulatory considerations specific to that opportunity particular to product and region.
What will you be responsible for?
- Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through college level education. MBA a plus.
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum
- Including: Creation, organization and management of analytical evaluation plans; Technical Project Management
- 5+ years of Technical-focused experience including: Consumer product sensory analysis, Food safety, Evaluation planning, Data analysis, and communicating technical information and results
- Project management and/or technical experience in the Food and Beverage sectors a plus
- Strong technical skills generally associated with a college level degree (engineering or similar) including, strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and think / troubleshoot in a nonlinear manner and to follow directions where applicable
- Able to work independently, identify problems, overcome roadblocks and develop solutions via clear focus and will to drive stakeholders and suppliers for milestones and solutions
- Excellent skills in building interpersonal relationships, team building, leadership and where needed driving collaborative-work within and outside of Ball
- Strong computer & sophisticated data analysis skills required – MS Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project. XLSTAT, Mini-Tab, Design-Expert, etc.
- Follows established procedures where applicable. Work is self and/or peer reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- General Engineering principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, quality assurance principles, and the manufacturing process
- Sensory Sciences – Tests, best practices and associated statistical analyses
- Food safety and associated packaging regulatory factors; TTB, European Commission, USDA, ANVISA, etc.
- Food and Beverage safety processes including; Pasteurization, Hot-fill, Retort & Aseptic among others.
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans