At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer II – System Traceability
This position is for a system engineer who can work in a multi-disciplinary team, document and communicate the sources of all requirements, their history, and their relationships to establish, maintain, and verify the requirement baseline for a mission that includes Segment, Element (payload, spacecraft bus, and ground) and/or Subsystems.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide systems engineering support of technical teams for the development, verification, delivery, and operations of Missions, Segments, Elements, and Subsystems.
- Support the proper allocate, traceability and verification of requirements at all levels through the lifecycle of the program.
- Coordinate with multiple subject matter experts to develop the required requirements allocation, analysis and verification artifacts.
- Create and manage technical definition documentation up and down the “V”.
- Execute to the System Engineering Management Plan (SEMP).
- Support expectations, preparations, and delivery for major gate reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, PSR).
- Support requirements verification and I&T activities.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management, and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Related experience in either mission system, spacecraft systems, ground systems or payloads is preferred.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Minimum 2 years of requirements management experience working in the DOORS environment (Framework, Specification Structure, ICD, Structure, etc) or equivalent – a subject matter expert with this tool.
- Demonstrated ability to review effective and verifiable requirements – detail oriented.
- Experience (either direct or course work) in systems engineering processes, including requirements development, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation – a self-starter that will own this activity.
- Customer Relationships: basic knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base, established relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Good presentation skills with experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $104,500 - $129,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.