Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Engineer II – Mission System Assurance (Simulators)
Focused on assessing, defining, modeling, and analyzing simulators related to systems-level architecture trades against assurance requirements as they relate to mission success. Responsible for developing strategic planning related to simulation capability to quantify mission risk to sim development, factory integration testing, end-to-end testing, and overall execution.
Develop into a Subject Matter Expert in understanding the role of simulators throughout the mission lifecycle for systems and systems of systems solutions. Work with New Business/Program personnel and Mission Systems Engineering to optimize architectural trades early in the program/proposal phase to meet assurance objectives by quantifying mission risk against assurance design requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn to identify issues that would prevent simulators from meeting both their requirements and the customer’s expectations
- Develop an understanding of Sims use throughout the program lifecycle
- Gain a working knowledge of internal and external interfaces the sim will interact with at the program level
- Learn to develop assurance requirements, verification & validation products necessary to sell off simulators for both internal and customer contract deliverables
- Work with the team on the full software life cycle functions including software requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration and documentation.
- Look to understand and quantify mission-level risk in trading assurance requirements with program objectives
- Provide support to engineering during enterprise level testing while looking to understand the program needs in order to identify ways to reduce redundancy, increase efficiencies, and lower mission risk
- Learn to provide key assurance products, analysis, and risk assessment within simulators through proposal and program life cycles as needed
- Interface with program personnel such as designers, customers, suppliers, management, and mission assurance disciplines to provide best-value mission/system/program solutions
- Translate customer objectives into internal requirements, procedures, and products based on BPL (Ball Process Libraries) and ISO standards
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 5 or more years of continuous, related, progressive experience in mission system assurance, system architectural development, modeling, and/or risk assessment is preferred.
- Collaborative working skills to effectively interact with programs, cross-disciplinary teams and with management.
- Willingness to participate in enterprise testing at a prime level with multiple site connectivity.
- Desire to learn to assess and quantify system-level mission risk.
- Experience in designing, developing, and testing software using programming languages such as C/C++ and Ruby/Python.
- Understanding or experience with real-time operating systems including Linux/VxWorks is desirable.
- Experience with project management software JIRA is desirable.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $102,000 - $126,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.