DigitalOcean’s Cloud Storage Team is welcoming a new engineer to help grow our culture and build software solutions that delight our customers and fellow engineers. Upon selection, you will join a plucky team of engineers from a diverse range of backgrounds, skill levels, and geographies and participate in the design, development, and operation of the software that powers the cloud.
This team focuses on supporting the operations and development of business logic, middleware, edge, and API solutions for DigitalOcean storage products such as our S3-compatible object store, Spaces, and our distributed block storage offering, Volumes.
If you are someone who shares our passion for solving problems with technology , running reliable services in production, and being part of a collaborative team with lots of opportunities for growth, we want to meet you!What You'll Be Doing:
- Cultivating your skills, learning languages, and teaming up with an agile, self-motivated group of peers to design, develop, test and deploy software in tools such as Go, C++ and others
- Sharing responsibility for maintaining the availability and performance of storage products
- Collaborating with and contributing to free and open source software communities
- Solving interesting problems of complexity and scale in a technically rewarding environment
- Learning and working with technologies such as Ceph, S3, block storage, gRPC, Ansible, Kubernetes, HAProxy, and distributed wide-table data stores like Cassandra
- Advancing the diversity of backgrounds, skills, and opinions that give rise to resilient, innovative solutions and a healthy work environment
- A passion for the design and development of software that tackles challenging problems and improves the lives of our customers and fellow engineers
- Investment in participating in a team culture built on honest self-representation, bidirectional communication, and growth-oriented collaboration
- Interest in distributed systems design at scale or in the cloud
- Comfort with Linux operating systems and networked services (eg, APIs)
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!