Engineer I - Facilities Mechanical at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Engineer I – Facilities Mechanical
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace Facilities Team! The Facilities team is comprised of 70+ dedicated Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace’s two million square feet of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This established team of Facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining Facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer and more informed and productive world.
We are looking for a candidate to be the mechanical engineering technical expert for the Facilities organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain mechanical standards for design and construction.
- Develop strategies for mechanical systems and components across the enterprise.
- Work with maintenance, engineering and contractors to communicate and implement mechanical strategies.
- Identify system improvement opportunities, plan, budget and manage the improvement portfolio.
- Take lead engineering role and/or be the technical expert on construction projects.
- Manage outside design resources needed to execute projects and studies.
- Provide mechanical engineering guidance to consulting engineers, in-house project managers, and maintenance personnel.
- Review new designs for effectiveness and adherence to standards.
- Monitor and assess impact of regulatory changes related building and systems design.
- Assist maintenance and Ball internal customers with Facilities issues or concerns.
- Work with maintenance to enhance building automation functionality.
- May be asked to complete design tasks as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment highly desired.
- Professional Engineer (PE) is a plus.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of collaboration.
- Knowledge of facilities equipment and systems, including chillers, boilers, VFD’s, piping systems, and air handling equipment.
- Knowledge of specialty systems such as liquid nitrogen, high purity gases, process chilled water, clean room and lab HVAC is a plus.
- Highly analytical critical thinker who uses these skills to examine and improve operations in order to increase efficiency.
- Experience with design of secured spaces is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer software; Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and Revit.
- Ability to manage his/her work schedule and make deadlines.
- Ability to track actions and follow through.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation.
- Knowledge of DDC applications pertaining to building automation systems and design optimization.
- Proven history of implementation of safe practices.
- Understanding of construction drawings.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $76,000 - $94,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.