Engineer Associate - Systems Engineering, Integration and Test at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Associate - Systems Engineering, Integration and Test
What You’ll Do:
- Enable the advancement of knowledge in earth and planetary science, astrophysics, and national security.
- Learn from, and contribute to, multi-disciplinary teams working detailed design, analysis, optimization, and testing of spacecraft and instrument systems.
- Author, review, update, and execute test procedures to evaluate spaceflight hardware quality and performance.
- Manage requirements over the program lifecycle – including requirement elicitation, architecture, definition, analysis, allocation, traceability, verification, and validation.
- Track and manage project changes to facilitate scope control, process improvement, document traceability, and quality assurance.
- Participate in risk management activities to plan, monitor, and control opportunities and threats.
- Present ideas to internal/external customers in both informal and formal settings.
- Promote and participate in mentorship activities to increase working knowledge of your program, your company, and yourself.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and nurture effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Interest, experience, and/or classwork in spacecraft or space instrumentation, including, but not limited to: systems engineering, hardware integration and testing, data acquisition and analysis, or systems architecture and design.
- Self-starter attitude and drive to reach beyond typical job responsibilities and deliver results.
- Big picture mentality and desire to maintain a strong technical vision of the end product.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to understand the customer’s needs and clearly describe proposed solutions.
- Good writing and presentation skills with experience communicating to senior decision-makers and technical audiences.
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work may be performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors, or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,000 - $88,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.