Engineer Associate - Environmental at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Engineer Associate - Environmental
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare regulatory reports including: air emissions, wastewater reports, hazardous waste reports, SARA Tier II and SARA 313R, Recycling, Storm water reports.
- Perform semi-annual storm water inspections, hazardous waste inspections, Spill Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) inspections, environmental and other technical audits or assessments, and resolve any corrective actions noted in the inspection.
- Provide technical regulatory expertise in navigating environmental regulations at local, state and federal levels, including product registrations.
- Engineering design of pollution prevention systems and protocols such as wastewater treatment facilities, air pollution control devices, projects that convert waste to energy, and solid and hazardous waste management methods.
- Obtain and maintain environmental engineering operating permits for Ball Aerospace facilities.
- Provide technical environmental engineering support for environmental remediation projects for legal actions.
- Provide technical environmental engineering support for infrastructure building projects.
- Conduct engineering studies to evaluate environmental issues, determine impact, and prioritize solution options.
- Represent Ball Aerospace during regulatory and 3rd party audits by providing necessary information and documentation to demonstrate compliance with applicable regulations/permit requirements.
- Investigate and resolve issues identified in internal or external inspections and audits that affect overall compliance with EHS requirements.
- Oversee EHS department operations, invoice review and approval, budget input and vendor contract maintenance/ selection.
- Represent Ball Aerospace at various customer, outside regulatory, trade organization, Environmental Leadership, etc., meetings and planning sessions.
- Review chemicals submitted for approval to determine if they are acceptable for use at Ball Aerospace facilities.
- Provide chemical/process notifications to the necessary regulatory agency.
- Review parts mastered in Agile/Costpoint to determine regulatory status.
- Review and sign manifests/Land Disposal Restrictions.
- Contact and schedule waste shipments to off-site locations.
- Perform Treatment, Storage, Disposal Facility inspections and develop approval reports.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $64,500 - $80,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.