The team for this role is located in Seattle. If you are already located in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, or Los Angeles, you can work remotely from that location. However, if you are located elsewhere, you must be open to relocating to Seattle once employees return to the office.
An Engineer 2 is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. The scope, responsibility and accountability is at the function level.
The OneFill product is a key component of Nordstrom's supply chain strategy. With OneFill we are building a reliable, fulfillment tool that increases visibility into the in-store fulfillment process, improves employee productivity for in store fulfillment, and reduces store fulfillment costs. This is an ongoing project that is cloud native, built on open-source tools, and delivered in a highly iterative fashion. Our engineers support what they build and own every aspect of the project.
As a member of the team, you'll be driving design, working with other teams, and evolving our definition of best practices. We're committed to creating an environment where great people, attention to quality code and solid engineering practices makes excellence and fun inevitable. Join us if you're ready to iterate, learn, and move fast.
A day in the life...
- Participate in design reviews of owned service and provide valuable feedback
- Design, implement, validate and deploy new features or bug fixes for owned service
- Collaborate with peer engineers, program manager and product manager in bringing a feature to fruition
- Analyze data and create feedback loop so features and bug fixes' quality and usefulness are understood once deployed in production
- Maintain high level of coding and testing standards
- Analyze service errors and outages in production to improve quality of service to meet SLA
You own this if you have...
- 2+ years of relevant experience designing and implementing medium sized components of distributed systems using cloud technologies, such as AWS.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Solid foundation in software engineering practices, data modeling, objected oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms.
- 2+ years of experience using Java or other modern programing languages.
- Proficiency with both relational and NoSQL data sources.
- Knowledge of Streaming using Kafka/Kinesis equivalent is big plus.
- Experience working with test automation and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience collaborating with other disciplines (program management and product management) to deliver features.
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.