Stellar Science is seeking Emerging Modern C++ Developers with some experience creating reusable, maintainable code to solve challenging math and physics problems. Recent or upcoming graduates with BS, MS, or PhD degrees desired. Join our collaborative team and help implement leading-edge scientific software tools in fascinating domains including space situational awareness, directed energy, computer vision, metamaterials, and biothermal modeling.
The main requirement is experience writing modern C++. Candidates also must be top-notch, responsible, self-motivated, honest, able to work well independently or in small teams, and be able to rapidly learn new languages, tools, and techniques as needed to meet mission requirements.
Applicants who convey a passion for developing quality code through listed projects, a link to an active github account, or extracurricular software development activities, will be given preference.
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
• Relevant libraries: Boost, Qt, Eigen
• Cross-platform development on Linux and Windows
• 3D graphics: OpenSceneGraph, OpenGL
• Supercomputing: MPI, OpenMP, threads, GPUs
• User interface development: Qt
• Continuous integration: git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, CMake
• Image processing, imagery analysis, computer vision, computer aided design (CAD)
• Aerospace vehicles, orbital mechanics, electromagnetics, space situational awareness
• Modeling and simulation, including directed energy
A representative sample of your C++ code will be requested early in the evaluation process. This can be something you have written for work, a class, or for fun that is substantial enough to demonstrate your programming and software engineering skills.
Extremely flexible work schedule, hybrid workplace model, & generous benefits.
US Citizenship required + willingness to undergo a background investigation.