Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Research and develop real-time, intuitive and reliable 3D visualizations across variety of camera applications and challenging camera use cases, and help drive new interfaces
- Collaborate with UX/UI and camera algorithm teams to realize cutting edge designs, as well as help bring our innovations from concept to product
- Develop optimized image processing and multi-camera algorithms on automotive platforms (Eg: Qualcomm, Samsung) and GPUs (Eg: Adreno, Mali, nVidia) using OpenGL/Vulkan/OpenCL APIs
- Collaborate with platform software to optimize real-time performance
- Analyze new camera imaging architectures from perspective of GPU/Display performance
- Work with system and validation architects to deploy, verify actual product characteristics and help troubleshoot issues found during testing
- Bachelors/Masters in EE/Computer Science/Software Engineering with relevant emphasis in image processing, digital signal processing and/or 2D/3D graphics.
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on experience including one R&D development cycle transferring image/camera/graphics processing algorithms in Matlab/C/C++ to a graphics platform
- 5+ years of strong coding experience with C/C++ in media/camera drivers and applications
- Hand-on experience with graphics and rendering engines and good experience with OpenGL/OpenCL/Vulkan or other GPU optimization APIs
- Solid understanding of 3D graphics pipelines, architectures and real-time graphics rendering.
- Experience with Qt/QML framework and POSIX based systems: Linux, QNX, Android
- Good team player with good written communication and presentation skills
- PhD in EE/Computer Science with relevant emphasis in image processing, digital signal processing and/or graphics
- Experience with automotive surround view systems/use cases and multi-camera stitching algorithms along with their optimized implementation on GPUs
- Experience with major game engines (ex: Unreal, Unity etc.)
- Track record of innovative thinking as evidenced by patents and peer-reviewed publications.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.