Embedded Software engineer, C++ (Entry level) at TuSimple (San Diego, CA)
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network
- Design, develop, test, debug, and deploy software modules in autonomous driving system, and/or in related platform and tools software.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Responsible for embedded software trouble shooting, analyze logs and Firmware verification
- Developing and maintaining real time software and monitoring performance
- BS, MS in Computer Science or other related fields.
- Deep experience developing production-quality software in C++/C in Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Embedded Linux system, Telecommunication, and other technology industries.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Solid understanding of data structure and basic algorithms.
- Solid understanding of performance profiling, analysis, and optimization.
- Solid understanding of how an Real Time operating system works
- Good debugging and root cause analysis skills.
- Good communication skills and team collaboration.
- Good understanding and experience in Sensor (Camera, GPS, Lidar, etc), and linux Device driver.
- Development experience in RTOS and Embedded Linux kernel.
- Development experience on ARM platforms.
- Good understanding and use of Docker, GDB, Git, Unit test,, GTest
- Good knowledge on socket and client / server network programming
100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
Work visa sponsorship available
Relocation assistance available
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
Stock options / equity
Gym membership reimbursement
Monthly team building budget
Employer-paid life insurance
Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.