Developer + Engineer//C++//Golang//Linux//Python//
Embedded QA Lead - Camera Fleet Reliability at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:50 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, August 25, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 12,000+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We’re growing incredibly fast, and so is our fleet of cameras. A fleet lead at Verkada owns the behavior of our cameras in the field and is responsible for keeping them running and recording - key to a company like ours! The fleet lead, and their team of reliability engineers, verify new code releases against a set of test cases, grow the test suite, monitor devices in the field, and are responsible for rolling out new updates - in short, everything related to keeping deployed devices running smoothly.
- “Own” the behavior of deployed devices
- Monitor deployed devices
- Resolve issues when possible, forward to appropriate engineering team when necessary
- Test and verify the quality of new FW releases
- Increase test coverage and test automation
- Manage and monitor the roll-out of new FW releases
- Hire and build a fleet reliability team
- Create device performance reports
- Work with support to identify customer pain points, translating those to metrics and work items for the firmware team
- BS/MS in CS, Computer Engineering, EE (or similar).
- 5+ years project/program management, fleet management, or QA lead
- 3+ years leading individual contributors
- Proficient in Python, Scripting, Go
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Experience designing and implementing tests for a hardware device, HIL
- Nice: 3+ years of experience as software engineer
- Nice: C, C++ experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description