Who We Are
Verkada is the leader in integrated cloud-managed enterprise building security. Verkada combines our cloud-managed software platform with hardware powered by edge-based processing to provide customers with a real-time view into every part of their organization. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s video security cameras, access control and environmental sensors natively integrate with our platform and are virtually effortless to install, maintain, and manage across hundreds of sites. Verkada protects more than 6,000 organizations, including more than 30+ of the Fortune 500.
We’re growing incredibly fast, and so is our fleet of cameras. A fleet lead at Verkada owns the behavior of our cameras in the field and is responsible for keeping them running and recording - key to a company like ours! The fleet lead, and their team of reliability engineers, verify new code releases against a set of test cases, grow the test suite, monitor devices in the field, and are responsible for rolling out new updates - in short, everything related to keeping deployed devices running smoothly.
- “Own” the behavior of deployed devices
- Monitor deployed devices
- Resolve issues when possible, forward to appropriate engineering team when necessary
- Test and verify the quality of new FW releases
- Increase test coverage and test automation
- Manage and monitor the roll-out of new FW releases
- Hire and build a fleet reliability team
- Create device performance reports
- Work with support to identify customer pain points, translating those to metrics and work items for the firmware team
- BS/MS in CS, Computer Engineering, EE (or similar).
- 5+ years project/program management, fleet management, or QA lead
- 3+ years leading individual contributors
- Proficient in Python, Scripting, Go
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Experience designing and implementing tests for a hardware device, HIL
- Nice: 3+ years of experience as software engineer
- Nice: C, C++ experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description