Electrical Project Engineer II at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Electrical Project Engineer II
In this role, you will lead a cross-functional team in the design, fabrication, test, and integration of ground and space-based electronics subsystems. The cross-functional team could include but is not limited to engineers in the following disciplines: Electrical Systems, Mechanical Packaging, Electrical Circuit Design, Parts & Reliability, Radiation, Production and Test Engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for leading a team to deliver on project cost, schedule, and technical requirements.
- Provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the project team as well as the customer.
- Manage complex subcontracts and support new business proposal opportunities.
- Ensure staffing levels are met by communicating with appropriate functional management organizations.
- Assess risk and make risk-based decisions throughout project lifecycle to ensure project objectives are met.
- Develop electronics to quality and reliability standards for NASA, DoD, and NOAA customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Cost and schedule management experience with earned value reporting.
- Experience with “flight space qualified” electronic programs and radiation-hardened environments to include knowledge of EEE parts for space flight applications and detailed understanding of associated screening and qualification processes.
- Demonstrated success leading electronics development teams to meet cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Hands-on experience in space flight electronics design, fabrication, and test.
- Experience leading all aspects of electrical engineering projects from start to finish.
- Able to provide alternatives to requirements that drive system cost and schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.