Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.About You and The Role
We already operate one of the world’s largest autonomous systems, serving tens of millions of people; in order to achieve our goal of serving everyone, we need to continue pushing the edge of what’s possible in perception and autonomy, and we need your help.
We design and manufacture electronics with the reliability needed to provide consistent, life-saving service in some of the harshest environments on Earth. Getting these results requires our team to own designs from end-to-end, starting with architecture selection and continuing through design, test, release to production, and ongoing support of our fleet. Our small team can get a lot done because our team members have a good grasp of electrical engineering fundamentals and the ability to define requirements for their systems, rapidly develop creative and simple solutions, and prove with testing that their work meets the rigors and edge-cases of real-world deployment.
Electronics are where software meets the physical world, and our electrical engineering team has a wide array of engineering skills and works with a variety of different teams. We need people who are comfortable working in different domains, thrive when working on a problem as part of a small group, and are able to communicate technical concepts clearly to a wide variety of stakeholders.What You'll Do
- Design, build, and test mixed signal electronics for our aircraft and ground systems
- Evaluate, prototype, and implement new sensor designs
- Root cause electronics issues in manufacturing and customer-serving facilities
- Work cross-functionally, representing the electrical team in program, architecture, and supply chain discussions
- 3+ years of experience with electronics design
- Familiarity with owning a design from initial concept through execution, testing, and release to production
- Well-rounded electrical engineering background, including analog and digital circuits, microcontrollers, and sensors
- Prior experience with one or more of the following:
- Developing initial bringup firmware for new designs
- Working on early concepts for a new product/program
- Designing for cost-sensitive applications (i.e. consumer devices, automotive)
- Clear communication skills and the ability to explain technical challenges to both fellow engineers and non-engineering staff
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!