Early Career Product Design Mechanical Engineer at Verkada Inc
- Drive initiatives to improve our products at both early-stage development and post-launch mass production.
- Design and implement mechanical product changes to solve issues and verify solution effectiveness through robust testing.
- Generate mechanical solutions for a wide variety of product requirements relevant to enterprise hardware (mounting, sealing, environmental resistance, thermals, tamper resistance, etc).
- Lead root cause analysis and solution implementation for manufacturing, quality, and field reliability issues.
- Collaborate with mechanical, electrical, ID, and supply chain team members to improve DFM/DFA & drive production improvements.
- Work closely with our JDM and CM partners to steer your product concepts through validation builds (EVT, DVT, PVT) & into mass production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 1+ years of experience in hardware design & manufacturing (enterprise or consumer electronic products)
- High proficiency in 3D CAD software.
- Experience getting hands-on with building & testing hardware.
- Strong understanding & intuition regarding strength of materials, thermodynamics, and manufacturing. We value both breadth and depth.
- Familiarity with DOEs. Can prototype, design, and run your own tests.
- Some experience with DFM/DFA
- Ability to travel internationally up to 15%.
- Startup Mindset: As a fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
- Experience working with Asian part vendors and JDM/CMs a plus.
- Experience working with high volume production & quality control methods a plus.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits