Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a Hardware Engineer at Verkada, you’ll contribute to the design and development of new cameras, access control systems, sensors, and other enterprise IoT products. Verkada’s Hardware engineers own all aspects of the electrical design from prototype through to mass production.
- Design, prototype, and build new hardware products in collaboration with the product and mechanical engineering team.
- Help sustain our existing product lines to ensure high quality and steady supply for our customers.
- Engage cross-functionally across mechanical, firmware, and manufacturing teams to drive process improvements and efficiencies.
- Quickly prototype new products for proof of concept study.
- Work with JDM partners to build and execute robust test plans and complete full programs.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with board level circuit design and prototyping.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Good verbal and written communication skills, able to work independently and cross functionally.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description