ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Distinguished Architect – ServiceNow Application Architecture
ServiceNow is one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies today with over $6 billion in revenue and hurtling towards $15 billion in revenue.
To continue to hyperscale, we’re hiring a Functional Architect to:
- Provide strategic application architecture leadership by looking across workflow applications to identify opportunities to refactor data models, define the right application/component boundaries, and effectively find the balance between time to market and module reuse across application groups.
- Lead the review of proposed new functionality for architectural consistency across application build/change decisions and industry horizontal and vertical solutions, including establishing and driving the right design patterns through the application teams.
- Sit the senior leadership table at the intersection of customer/market need and implementation reality to improve functional architecture decisions for new features/products across the ServiceNow portfolio. This is a role that requires rigor in principles of high quality application design with the real world experience to navigate practical implementation trade offs.
- Build and Chair a cross-functional Functional Architecture Review Board (FARB).
By joining us on this mission, you have the rare opportunity to:
- Take an active role in defining ServiceNow as a key segment of the planet computing infrastructure.
- Lead an elite group tasked with defining ServiceNow’s future functional architecture and productization strategies.
- Revolutionize and move the needle in “as a service” cloud computing.
The ServiceNow Functional Application Architecture office is dynamic team of architects, engineers, and strategists responsible for providing application frameworks, tools, strategies, and methods to enable ServiceNow Application productization. We lead by example, ensuring the highest bar of standards in functional and technical quality across the people, process, and technology of the ServiceNow.
This is a highly visible and critical leadership role with the responsibility of defining the strategies that ServiceNow employs in order to provide consistency around architecture decisions and how we maintain unity in ServiceNow product lines. Key contributions will include defining and establishing a review board and standards ServiceNow’s existing and future Portfolio.
We need a leader with experience designing large scale application frameworks and is well-versed in productization strategies in scaling architectures. Expert-level experience and qualifications to be successful in this role include:
- 15+ years of experience leading and architecting large-scale, commercial applications and platforms, managing commercial technology portfolios, and hands-on experience in product management, architecture, and engineering.
- Experience defining and optimizing technology process design with an extreme focus on productization and customer benefit and experience.
- Deep experience in the creation and ongoing improvement of application data models which can solve for customer facing performance, ability to drive future reuse, and logical consistency of the customer experience.
- 15+ years of experience in commercial software engineering, distributed systems architecture, infrastructure, HW platforms, databases, web, and application servers
- Experience building strong cross functional relationships that foster deep engagements
- Ability to represent and promote complex business or technical security concepts both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
We are passionate about our product and live for our customers. We are hungry and humble, but we have high expectations. Joining ServiceNow is an opportunity to better yourself personally and professionally while solving real, 21st century computing challenges.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.