Director, Software Engineering (Remote Opportunity – U.S.) at Digimarc
Do you innovate with integrity? Believe a team is stronger together? Are you passionate about sustainability? If these are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for courageous, collaborative, and curious problem solvers who are interested in joining our team to help us develop solutions to complex challenges.
Digimarc is a global leader in product digitization, delivering business value across industries through unique identifiers and cloud-based solutions. A trusted partner in deterring digital counterfeiting of global currency for more than 20 years, Digimarc illuminates a product’s journey to provide intelligence and promote a prosperous, safer, and more sustainable world. With Digimarc, you can finally see everything. And when you see everything, you can achieve anything. For more information, visit us at digimarc.com.
We are seeking the best technologists in the world as we strive to build a world-class engineering team. We’re looking for a Director of Software Engineering with experience building modern web applications. This Director will focus on our modern web strategy, establish development standards and best practices, participate in hiring and ensure consistent delivery in collaboration with fellow Directors. Does this sound like you? If so, please read on…
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Lead a portfolio of several development projects
- Lead, manage and grow a team of software engineers
- Work closely with peers and our global leadership team to establish a motivating environment of innovation and creativity
- Work to modernize our existing tech stacks
- Collaborate with product and other engineering leaders to find areas of opportunities for Improving efficiency within our delivery teams
- Partner with Product and other key stakeholders to understand roadmap and vision to identify software requirements and define delivery plans
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to identify functional & technical requirements and design software solutions using best practices and modern architecture.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the software engineering field
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing engineering teams
- Strong experience building modern-web applications
- Strong experience with modern-web frameworks like React, Angular and Node
- Solid understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion in creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture where individuals and teams can do their best work and unlock their potential
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values: collaborative, curious, and courageous
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.