Director of Software Engineering - Mobile App at GoDaddy (Remote)
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Remote: This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
Our Mission at GoDaddy is to enable small business owners to sell everywhere and grow their business via easy-to-use mobile tools. We believe that creativity is the magical act of making change happen and with the right tools, it turns any obstacle course into a playground. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms, and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, Agile, small teams approach we make cutting-edge technologies simple and effective. Our users are ambitious, driven, and highly creative go-getters, entrepreneurs, and dreamers, and we make it our mission to ensure they’re equipped with the tools and knowledge to make their mark on the world – whatever that may be.
We make it all happen via these beautiful mobile apps powered by robust backend services: We make it all happen via these beautiful mobile apps powered by robust backend services:
- GoDaddy Studio (Formerly Over Graphic Design App) - iOS, Android: Our Award-winning graphic design app. It is one of Apple’s 2019 apps of the year in the ‘Storytelling Simplified’ category and regularly featured across Google Play globally.
- GoDaddy App – iOS, Android: Build a website, buy a domain, manage inventory and sell everywhere.
- SmartLine – iOS, Android: Get a second phone number for your business calls & texts.
- GoDaddy Conversations – iOS, Android(Coming soon…): Single place to communicate with your customers on multiple channels (Website communication, Facebook & Instagram messengers, SMS, Voice, etc.)
We are looking for an experienced Director of Software Development with a mobile application focus to be a part of the journey. You will be joining our teams working on the GoDaddy app, building the next-generation mobile commerce experience which is empowering customers to sell everywhere.
What you'll get to do...
- Build and lead the mobile engineering teams building a world-class mobile app.
- Manage other engineering managers, providing both career mentorship and technical vision; your team should feel empowered to solve big problems autonomously
- Coordinate with partner teams to design services and orchestration layers that serve customer needs across multiple verticals and varying levels of business maturity
- Perform architecture, design, and code reviews, with a strong focus on robust, resilient applications
- Drive architecture and design reviews and lead development patterns and practices through code reviews and mentorship
- Partner with your Product Management counterparts to set the product vision, understand requirements, and help your teams deliver by making cost, time, and resource trade-offs
- Set the technical vision for the GoDaddy app and help your teams deliver on that vision
- Participate in recruiting activities, always growing the talent density and diversity of our teams
- Identify and shape future technical leaders
- Support individuals in your teams’ growth through mentoring, training, hackathons, and setting and measuring expectations at each stage in an engineer’s career
- Continuously improve agile practices within your team and across GoDaddy
- Build valuable connections across all of GoDaddy and connect scope and context between your teams and the broader company
- Create an environment of excellence in agile software execution through continuous improvement of the team’s rhythm, process, and tools
- Foster an environment of trust and support, where we take calculated risks, learn from our failures, and celebrate our wins
- Demand and deliver excellence in performance, reliability, quality, and speed of delivery
- Maintain a relentless focus on the Customer
- Create and maintain a healthy, happy environment, where engineers can do their best work
What we use
- Swift and Kotlin
- Bitrise and Github Actions
- Slack and Zoom for regular team communications
Your experience should include...
- 4+ years of experience managing a high-functioning, collaborative teams of engineers that deliver scalable systems
- Experience managing other engineering managers preferred
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Proven experience designing, building, and shipping modern mobile applications
- Experience with, and strong understanding of, relevant languages and tools
- Strong drive to learn, grow, and mentor engineers to do the same
- Experience with CICD platforms such as Bitrise or GitHub Actions
- Experience delivering in an Agile software development environment and applying continuous improvement principles
- Strong understanding of modern mobile applications and technologies
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Solid architecture skills, particularly related to mobile applications
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple business priorities, while delivering high quality results
- Passion to develop elegant and cutting-edge solutions for real-world small business problems
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.