Director, Quality Engineering at Kinship (Portland, OR)
WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. Why? Because our pets make us better humans, and we owe them the best possible care. As the premier partner to a new generation of pet parents, we use our data, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be. And we unite changemakers in pet care to break down barriers, open new doors, share insights, and advance our collective knowledge. All so we can reimagine the pet parenting experience, up people’s confidence, and help the world find better ways to care.
Kinship is a coalition that includes:
- Adopt-a-Pet, the destination for finding homes for homeless pets; we help animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies connect their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month
- Our world-leading Wisdom Panel™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs
- The award-winning Whistle™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor
- Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights
- VETINSIGHT™ which gives modern pet parents the veterinary and wellness guidance needed to make smarter, more informed health decision for their pets.
- The Wildest, the destination that helps pet parents keep their cool in the wild world of pet parenting
- GoodFriend, our recently-launched marketplace for all your pet’s people
- PetStory, our platform that curates top services for pet parents in Russia
- FluffyGo, the mobile-first platform is a one-stop solution for science-minded pet parents in China
- LEAP VENTURE STUDIO, our accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents
Together, these teams and more work to set new standards in pet care. And, as a part of Mars Petcare, they work to create a better world for pets. Learn more at www.kinship.co.
- Lead an existing team of associates including leads, engineers and contractors
- Hire new talent for fast growth, mentor and grow the existing team.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to drive quality initiatives while providing timely data driven updates
- Coaching and mentoring team members while delivering consistent results through an inclusive environment that attracts and retains high-performing engineers.
- You Have Courage: a willingness to bring forth a new idea, engaging others across Kinship to support you, and taking risks and action will full accountability
- You Learn at Pace: a consistent and fast work ethic to meet growth goals, and the ability to evolve and pivot quickly from what you’ve learned
- You Value Difference: a genuine belief in inclusion and diversity is in your DNA, and it shows up in your work, and how you work.
- You are pragmatic thinker and outcome driven collaborator
- You are a coach and sees importance to mentor junior engineers
- You are able to go technically deep as well as cover a wide range of shared engineering capabilities
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience leading, managing & developing high performance teams with quality and test engineering focus
- Experience working in a continuous integration / continuous delivery development environment.
- Proven track record of testing large scale systems, with deep expertise in automation testing tools and testing frameworks
- Experience with Test Engineering in IoT/mobile/web apps environment
- Prior hands on experience with AWS, GCP, Azure or comparable public cloud
- Experience managing outcomes through partnerships with key consulting companies with engineers onshore as well as offshore
- Experience leading and managing quality and test engineering teams with a focus to drive efficiency
- Experience partnering with cross-functional leaders and management across a globally distributed organization
- Track record of delivery in rapidly changing, highly collaborative, multi-site, multi-stakeholder environments
- Deep knowledge and experience working with a diverse group of engineers
- Someone who loves to learn, and is passionate about helping others
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship