Director of Mechanical Engineering - New Product Design at Aristocrat (Las Vegas, NV)
Job Posting Title
Director of Mechanical Engineering - New Product Design
We are pioneers in our field and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Aristocrat is an ideas company at heart, which means innovation is embedded into every aspect of our business. Whether we are designing sleek new cabinets, premium game content or award-winning systems, we apply fresh thinking and creativity to deliver the world's greatest gaming experience, every day. With award-winning cabinets like Flame, EdgeX, MarsX, Neptune - we are continually pushing the bar of innovation, technology, and creativity.
The Director of Mechanical Engineering is a technical and transformational leader within the Hardware group reporting up to the VP of Mechanical Engineering. The Director will oversee multiple mechanical projects and project teams and develop operational directives for the mechanical department. You are expected to be initiative-taking and work with minimal supervision.
What You'll Do
- Work with VP of Mechanical Engineering to align the team to the broader department direction.
- Lead and manage a mechanical engineering team. Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and oversite of the team.
- Set goals and objectives and provide performance management for the team.
- Develop and maintain models for part cost, tooling cost, and resource planning.
- Oversee, or lead, the system level design, development, and documentation (2D and 3D) related to Aristocrat's business.
- Implement good-design practices such as tolerance analysis, FEA, DFMEA, DFx to ensure a reliable design that is manufacturable, testable, serviceable, safe in operation, and complies with product requirements and legislation.
- Oversite of multiple projects and project teams, with various stake holders.
- Identifies, implements, and leads major department initiatives.
- Identifies and develops strategic policies and operational directives/standards for the function.
- Develops top talent throughout the group.
- Perform other duties as required.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's in mechanical engineering or related technical field; or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum fifteen years of experience in new product design and engineering.
- Minimum ten years of experience in a high-level or similar senior-level position.
- Knowledgeable in relevant design, testing, and manufacturing techniques.
- Demonstrated success managing large new product development teams. Ability to work independently and oversee the complex mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We're a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Pay Rate Type: Salary
Our goal is to pay a market competitive salary focusing near the median of our pay ranges. However, final offers for all positions will be based on several factors such as experience level, education, skills, work location, and internal pay equity.